Click here for JAIIB CAIIB Home

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Accounting and Finance for Bankers: MODULE C: SPECIAL ACCOUNTS: Joint Venture

Joint Venture

Introduction

Where a businessman finds it difficult to undertake any business work or a venture alone, he may associate with other businessman. Such an association of persons is for a short period or for a particular venture and is known as 'Joint Venture'
a.      It is regarded as a temporary partnership without a firm name.
b.     It ceases with the completion of the task undertaken.
c.      Persons, who have come together, are called co-ventures and not partners.
d.     The co-ventures enter into a contract with each other, deciding about their capital contribution and share of profit.
e.      In the absence of any agreement, profit and losses are shared equally by the co-ventures.

'A commercial undertaking by two or more persons, differing from a partnership in that relate to disposition of a single lot of goods or the completion of a single project. Its duration is limited to the period in which goods are sold or the project is carried on.'
- Eric L. Kohler


DISTINCTION BETWEEN JOINT VENTURE AND PARTNERSHIP

Sr
Joint Venture
Partnership
1
No Name
Has a Name
2
Temporary in nature
Continues business
3
Patrons called Co-Venturers
Patrons are called partners
4
Completely depends on Contract
Partners have liabilities
5
No Separate books required  
Separate books of account
6
Cash mode
Accrual Basis of account 
7
Profit lose at Venture End
Profit Lose at year end


a.       In a joint venture, the association of persons is of temporary nature.
b.    Joint venture may also be called as a temporary/restricted partnership.
c.     The co-venturers enter into a contract with each other.


1 comment:

  1. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at  Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Mr, Benjamin Email: 247officedept@gmail.com  He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete